Sunday, November 14, 2010

BREAKING NEWS! WHAT IS 3FREE ANYWAY?!

Dear Polishers,

Morning guys, I just read my twitter when my friend, Anin, wrote in her twitter

"U need to tell us what's 3free ;)"

(Before I continue, I was having a nostalgic moment about how Anin and I met through my high school friend. I was looking for a designer and there she is... jumping almost become my saviour of the day if my boss didn't ruin her chance. We've meet once and suddenly... INSTANT CONNECTION! I talk longer than I used to talk to my high school friend)

So, back to business, i was like... I'm kinda a douche talking about 3free but didn't tell you guys what's a 3free. Well so i decided to talk about 3 free polish!

Mostly, my guidance is from miss ALU, You can read it from her blog, for complete information but I'll just copy paste it from her blog... although with some edit here and there.

Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP) is a plasticiser to prevent chips and cracks. It's oily liquid you find in some polish. Not evaporate easily into the atmosphere.

Over 75% of DBP is used as a plasticiser in polymers such as PVC, 14% is used in adhesives, 7% in printing inks and 3% in other miscellaneous uses, including cosmetics.

Formaldehyde does not exist in nail polish. It is used in some nail hardeners but not in the actual polish. A resin, tosylamide/formaldehyde resin, makes the polish tough and resilient.

According to miss All Lacquered Up, it isn’t actually an issue unless you have a reaction to the formaldehyde resin. The bottom line, you should be aware of formaldehyde in your treatment products, not polish.

Toluene (methylbenzene, toluol, phenylmethane) is a solvent that makes the polish easy to apply. It is an aromatic hydrocarbon commonly used as an industrial solvent for the manufacturing of paints, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and rubber.

Toluene is found in gasoline, acrylic paints, varnishes, lacquers, paint thinners, adhesives, glues, rubber cement, airplane glue, and shoe polish. At room temperature, toluene is a colorless, sweet smelling, volatile liquid.

So i guess if your polish smells, it might be the effect of this chemical.

Why are they bad?

according to miss ALU:

I’m not convinced that they are bad. I really think this is something each person should decide for themselves. There are risks and effects caused by exposure to each of these chemicals. But, whether or not limited exposure to polish will actually result in those effects is yet to be determined. I don’t feel it is my place to make that call so I choose to present you with the info I’ve found so you can make up your own mind

According to me:

I think it does give some effect on your nails. I remember using those cheap nail polish for more than a week and i realize my nails become yellow. But when I use the 3free brand, i didn't find yellow nails.

IN INDONESIA:

It's rare to find 3free polish. There was this brand called "wild and crazy" once sold in C&F Perfume shop for only 39.000idr back in 2007, but now... you could only find it on special occasion and promo. Last time I bought it for 35.000 idr, but then I buy it for buy 1 get 1 promo. (But too bad there's only a very limit option!) So right now, if you want to find a 3free polish, OPI is the only option (with high price!) But... some sacrifice has to be made. Or... you could find alternative by buying from the internet online shop. You can buy OPI a lot of cheaper than the price in t store.

So... what do you think. Still want to use the usual nail polish or moved to the 3free or even 4free(I'll tell u later about the 4free polish)?!

Until then, Happy Polishing!

XOXO,
NAILheartINK

No comments:

Post a Comment